We’re pleased to announce that ALSS (Advanced Life Safety Solutions) are now full members of the Fire Industry Association. Being apart of the FIA community will help ALSS advance in the fire industry, setting the best industry practice and help shape the standards and influence the legislation.
What is the FIA?
The Fire Industry Association (FIA) provides fire safety training, procedures and resources for businesses and professionals.
The Fire Industry association plays an important role in;
- Promoting trade laws and best practices
- Encouraging and aiding companies in becoming more competitive within their sector
- Act as the voice of a company when discussing government policies and informing its members quickly of changes in trade and employment legislation
- Provide excellent opportunities for learning and advice with conferences, networking, training and educational materials
What are the benefits of being a member with the FIA and why did we want to join?
Some of the benefits of becoming a member of the FIA are;
- Training and Education
- Influencing the industry
- Information and resources
- Best practices
- Exchange of ideas within the sector
The FIA cover a wide range of courses and training to give you the skills you need to work safely. Some of the courses are listed below;
- Fire Alarm Maintenance
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Servicing and Maintenance of Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Safety Signs and Notices
- Introduction to Fire in Buildings
The FIA supports the fire industry and the people working within it, such as;
- Fire engineering consultants and fire risk assessors
- Suppliers to the fire and rescue services
- Manufactures, installers, designers and maintainers of portable extinguishers
- Fire detection and fire protection systems
The FIA is a non-profit membership organisation. There is a total of seven councils that monitor and support the execution of the groups processes, business plans and budgets, they are listed below;
FIRESA Council - Manufacturers/suppliers of goods & service to the fire & rescue services
Export Council - Promoting export opportunities around the globe
Extinguishing Council - For manufacturers and suppliers of fire extinguishing equipment
Fire Detection and Alarm Council - The home for fire detection and alarm equipment manufacturers and suppliers
Fire Risk Assessment Council - Representing fire risk assessment services
Fire Engineering Council - Representing fire engineering service providers across the UK
Services Council - Installers, designers, commissioners & maintainers of fire protection systems
Board - FIA Board of Directors
What’s next for Advanced Life Safety Solutions? We’re striving to be the best and want to ensure we deliver the greatest service possible, its why we are currently in the process of ISO 9001, BAFSA, Firas and working towards certified members of the FIA among other accreditations and courses for our team of engineers. You can read more about us and the services we provide on our website or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01922 687989.